ICRC Mission in Seoul
Function: Communication Officer
Duration: 7 months (can be extended up to 12 months)
Employment type: Maternity leave replacement
Starting Date: Early March 2018
Working Place: Seoul, Republic of Korea
• Under the supervision of the Head of ICRC Mission in Seoul and the Communication Coordinator, contributes to the design, planning and implementation of communication projects and activities in coordination with the management. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and to building the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC among key stakeholders.
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Certification / Education required
• University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, political science, international relations, journalism.
• Fluent spoken and written English and Korean.
• Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office); familiarity with digital communication tools.
Professional experience required
• Minimum 3 years work experience in a field relevant to communication and/or prevention.
• Good knowledge of the political, social & media environment in Korea.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of ICRC Mission in Seoul and the Communication Coordinator:
• Contributes to define communication and possibly prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for the area or programme covered in line with the priorities of the mission.
• With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develops tools for public communication, digital communication, international humanitarian law promotion, and information analysis.
• Supports the Head of Mission in networking with relevant stakeholders and represents ICRC with various audiences.
• Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC’s reputation / perception and capacity to operate in Korea, contributing to analysis.
• Interprets and translates from and into Korean in support of communication programs when required.
• Organizes communication events including providing administrative support.
• Manages junior staff in the communication department and supports communication-related training and coaching.
• Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
• Applies the security rules at all times;
• Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC;
• May be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
• Submit resume and coverletter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th February 2018
(Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview)