ICRC Mission in Seoul
Function: Human Resources (HR) Assistant and General Support Officer
Employment type: Full time
Starting Date: 1/3/2019
Working Place: Seoul, Republic of Korea
The HR Assistant assists the Head of Mission and the HR Manager in carrying out administrative work and preparing and updating documents for delivering HR services, in line with the ICRC’s and the Mission’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations. In addition, s/he manages the HR marketing outreach in Korea. General support to the Mission includes assisting in logistics(LOG), accounting, administration and information management. S/he refers to the Head of Mission (HoM).
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Certification / Education required
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Korean. Others languages are an asset. The official language of the Mission is English and all internal communication and correspondence is carried out in English.
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office).
Professional experience, qualities and skills required
- At least 4 years work experience in related fields.
- Working experience with an embassy or International Organization and / or overseas is an asset.
- Preferably HR working experience
- Detail oriented, well organized, self-motivated and team player
- Good communication skills
Under the direction of the Head of ICRC Mission in Seoul and the technical supervision of the functional managers in Beijing:
- Coordinate and review monthly payroll
- Maintain HR Tools and HR Filing updated
- Annually review and update the contract of group insurance
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff
- Undertakes any necessary activities, such as participation in career events and presentations to reach out to Korean institutions or individuals, contributing to the implementation of the ICRC objective to recruit Korean nationals for overseas missions
- Coordinate sending and receiving shipments to / from Geneva or Beijing
- Help with customs clearance procedures
- Purchase necessary office supplies and appliances
- Prepare, maintain and update contracts of existing and future premises
- Search and prepare future premises as needed
- Maintain cash box and daily cash statements
- Prepare and perform bank transactions
- Keep the Accounting (in the absence of Finance and Administration Manager)
◊ Information Management
- Focal point of delivering institutional information. Focal point of information management; support the mission in related issues.
◊ Other Duties assigned by the HoM
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
- Applies the security rules at all times;
- Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC;
- May be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary and requested by the HoM.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit CV, cover letter and names and contact details of two referees in English to email@example.com by 22/2/2019
(Only successful candidates will be contacted for a written test and an interview)
ABOUT THE ICRC
- Established in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. With its headquarters based in Geneva, Switzerland, the ICRC employs some 17,000 people in more than 80 countries.