ICRC Mission in Seoul
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of persons affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It directs and coordinates the international activities conducted by the Movement in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
The Human Resource and General Support Officer is the HR focal point within the mission, provides HR services in line with ICRC’s and the mission’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations in ROK. S/he is responsible to plan, organize and implement the HR activities in the ICRC Seoul mission, responsible for staff administration within the mission.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Mission and the functional support of the Human Resources Manager of the Beijing Regional Delegation, s/he is responsible for the overall implementation of ICRC people strategy, contribute to the annual HR budget exercise in coordination with relevant stakeholders; support Head of Mission and all staff to responds appropriately to operational needs and provide insights in all people management related matters.
In addition, s/he contributes the HR marketing outreach in Korea, and support the Mission includes assisting in logistics (LOG), premises, finance(cashier), and information management. S/he refers to the Head of Mission (HoM) and F&A Manager.
• Internally, interacts with the Head of Mission, F&A Manager, HR Manager and with other units/ colleagues (as relevant)
• Externally, interacts with government authorities (tax authorities, Ministry of Employment and Labour, embassies) and service providers (e.g. payroll outsourcing vendor and external legal adviser).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resources (60%)
• Facilitate the recruitment process (advertisement preparation, job posting, pre selection, test and interview arrangement, conduct interviews if need, and offer communication, and coordinate the discussion and confirmation of terms and conditions of the employment with HoM and HR manager;
• Manage the new employees’ onboarding process, including the briefing provision and scheduling, documents filing, probation process management, etc
• Operates monthly payroll process including income tax and social insurance management; liaise with the payroll outsourcing vendor of year-end tax settlement and regular tax filing process; operate monthly payroll closing and responds to including the finance and relevant elements on payroll related requests and inquiry.
• Ensure the compliance in payroll process and be responsible for responding and dealing with comments received from internal audit (CTM=Control, Testing and Monitoring) unit on payroll;
• Responsible for the compensation and benefits related queries such as medical coverage, pension, with the support of HR manager; implement the annual salary review in the mission
• Annually / regularly reviews and update the group medical insurance contract and liaise with local vendor of its implementation; coordinate with Staff Health in process of staff’s medical absence, insurance and medical check-up, etc
• Manage the leave of employees and responsible for archiving of HR documents
• Maintains and monitors internal HR tool and system (HRspace and Strategic Payroll) and deal with its improvement and configuration
• Facilitate all ROK Government – mandated documentation for employees in the mission (taxation, social service payments, and insurance, etc)
• Coordinates the learning and development services including HR and institutional trainings with the support from Beijing regional delegation; plan and implements designated annual mandatory trainings of Korea and keep the records of its implementation
• Roll out and implement institutional HR projects and initiatives as necessary in local level;
• Reviews and updates all HR related process or policies, contracts, including Staff Regulations, employment, etc, in align with internal terms and local legislations, ICRC Guideline or frameworks
• Proactively participates in the reflection, analysis and understanding of the working environment, giving feedback & insight on the potential impacts of HR decisions or requirements to the HoM and / or HR manager
• Ensures local legislations, Staff Regulations and HR policies are applied correctly, due diligence and updated effectively
• Contributes to drafting local staff documentations including employment, salary, promotion, etc and is responsible for their implementation
• Coordinates and participates in regular communication between Staff Committee and Management and contributes to create an conducive working environment
• Undertakes any necessary activities, such as participation in career events and presentations to reach out to Korean institutions or individuals, contributing to the implementation of the ICRC objective to recruit Korean nationals for overseas missions.
General Support (40%)
• Coordinates with BEJ LOG and/or GVA LOG on international shipment and other LOG initiatives.
• Supports customs clearance procedures by coordination with local customs agency.
• Purchases necessary office supplies and appliances.
• Provides other supports in accordance with logistics standards, ICRC rules, financial procedures and regulations.
• Coordinates and ensures that premises and equipment are properly maintained.
• Renews lease agreement of existing and future premises.
• Searches and prepares future premises as needed.
• Deals with external service providers where relevant and coordinates/ supervises their work.
• Maintains cash box and daily cash statements.
• Prepares and performs bank transactions.
• Keeps the Accounting (in the absence of F&A Manager)
• Remains focal point of delivering institutional information and information management.
• Support to apply information management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
• Regular check of ICRC diplomatic Pigeonhole in MFA.
• Responds to the representative email account (email@example.com) and main phone of the mission
• Upon request drafts and reviews ICRC institutional correspondences as per ICRC protocol.
Other duties assigned by the HoM and F&A Manager
• At least 4 years work experience in related fields, including HR experience.
• Working experience with an embassy or International Organization and / or overseas is an asset.
• Detail oriented, well organized, self-motivated and proactive team player for small set-up.
• Good command of (written and spoken) English
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and related programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit CV, cover letter and names & contact details with e-mail addresses of two referees in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 4th 2023.
(Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview)
▪ ICRC Website: https://www.icrc.org/ (ENG) | https://kr.icrc.org/ (KOR)
▪ ICRC Facebook: www.facebook.com/icrc (ENG) | www.facebook.com/icrckr (KOR)