ICRC Mission in Seoul
Function: Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement Officer (Approximately 18 month-contract)
Employment type: Fixed term
Start Date: May/June 2020
Working Place: ICRC Mission, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Photo: The ICRC works closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situations of violence.
ABOUT THE ICRC
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of persons affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It directs and coordinates the international activities conducted by the Movement in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
Contributes towards developing and implementing the ICRC Mission’s objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the Republic of Korea National Red Cross (KNRC). S/he contributes to building positive relationships between the ICRC and other Movement components, particularly KNRC.
▪ Internality, interacts with Movement Cooperation team and other staff who work with the KNRC
▪ Externally, interacts with staff from the KNRC and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies on technical level
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Contributes to developing and implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the KNRC;
▪ Develops the partnership skills of the ICRC operational staff and ensures awareness of the Movement’s activities in the country and integrate that knowledge into their plans and strategies.
▪ Facilitates support to the KNRC on legal base and statutory matters.
▪ Contributes to maintaining an overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs; contributes to organizing various Movement meetings; supports the Movement Cooperation Coordinator on issues related to coordination within the Movement.
▪ Promotes coherence of the ICRC’s capacity-building approach to cooperation with the International Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement.
▪ Organizes and coordinates training supported by ICRC Cooperation unit, including taking responsibility for financial aspects.
▪ Contributes to annual planning, monitoring of results and budget follow-up.
▪ Working transversally and in a multi-disciplinary manner with ICRC and Movement colleagues. Understands the three components of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and adheres to the Fundamental Principles of the Movement.
▪ Applies the ICRC’s security rules at all times.
▪ Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC.
▪ Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
▪ Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
▪ Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
▪ May be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
▪ University degree or equivalent experience.
▪ Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
▪ Computer proficiency.
▪ Strong communication and analytic skills.
▪ 4–5 years’ experience in a similar position.
▪ Relevant working experience in the Movement, humanitarian organization or government organization will be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit CV, cover letter and names & contact details with e-mail addresses of two referees in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 April 2020.
(Only successful candidates will be contacted for a written test and an interview)
▪ ICRC Website: http://icrc.org (ENG) | http://kr.icrc.org/ (KOR)
▪ ICRC Facebook: www.facebook.com/icrc (ENG) | www.facebook.com/icrckr (KOR)