Associate (Temporary and Full-time)
ICRC Mission, Seoul
About the ICRC
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of populations affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It directs and coordinates the international activities conducted by the Movement in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
The ICRC Mission in Seoul is recruiting a temporary full-time Associate.
Contribute towards the development of and preparation for ongoing projects, events, and processes by providing administrative support to internal units/departments including Finance & Administration (F&A), Human Resources (HR) and International Humanitarian Law (IHL) departments.
- Finance & Administration (F&A) and Human Resources (HR) – 50%
- Finance (FIN)
– Prepare and perform bank transactions by ensuring payment documentation in compliance with FIN guidance and procedures
– Maintain weekly cash payments and following documentation of cash statements
– Provide any other administrative supports on monthly closing process
- Logistics (LOG)
– Liase with BEJ/GVA LOG and external customs agencies on import/export procedures
– Coordinate with BEJ/GVA LOG and external freight forwarder/moving company in case of mobile staffs’ departure and arrival
– Manage and maintain office supplies and support its purchase process
- Information Management (IM)
– Manage SEO email inbox and MFA pigeonhole mailbox to deliver information as necessary
– Liase with BEJ IM and SEO team in TeamSpace and other IM tools
- Welcome (WEL)
– Provide supports to prepare a SEO Welcome Package/Welcome Information for visitors referring to the cases of other delegations, especially of BEJ Delegation
- EoM and BoM of SEO HoM (ADM)
– Provide administrative support upon the change of HoM • Human Resources (HR)
– Manage leave applications and maintain the record file
– Provide HR administrative support
- International Humanitarian Law (IHL) – 50%
- Event coordination
– Assist in the preparation of IHL events, including but not limited to finding and booking venues, liaising with speakers, participants, vendors, and service providers, handling logistics, and producing presentation material package
– Assist in carrying out and preparing documents for administrative and logistical work related to IHL events
- May be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this announcement as well as to provide support when necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or qualification in business administration or other related fields
- Experience in coordination of high-profile events in Republic of Korea • Excellent verbal and writing skills in English and Korean
- Proactive team-player who is comfortable with working under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and problem-solving skill
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
At the end of the assignment, the ICRC Associate should have a good understanding of:
- The Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement
- The ICRC’s work in the Republic of Korea and in other contexts
- The ICRC’s policies and regulations on administration and logistics
- How to plan and organize international and domestic events for diverse audience
- 1 August – 31 December 2022 (5 months)
How to apply
- Please submit a CV and a letter of motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 July 2022.
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted for the second part of the selection process.
- ICRC website: http://icrc.org (ENG) | http://kr.icrc.org (KOR).
- ICRC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ICRC (ENG) |https://www.facebook.com/icrckr (KOR)